3. Application process
An application form is a personalised form to be completed by the applicant and must be handed back within a stipulated time period, along with all the necessary back up documentation used to determine if the applicant qualifies. All applications are subject to credit checks and affordability assessments.
The information / documentation required when completing an application form includes:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of marriage certificate if married (divorce certificate or death certificate, if applicable)
- Certified copy of birth certificate or identity document of dependants / occupants
- Proof of previous residence
- Proof of permanent residence if you are not a South African citizen
- Original current pay slip and a certified copy (of all those working, as per occupants stated on the application form)
- Original last three months bank statements
If an application is approved for a particular unit, the applicant is notified and will be called to discuss and collect a sample lease agreement. The lease contains all the relevant personal information of the potential tenant as well as the unit details, rental amount, deposit amount, and the legal obligations of both parties. At this point the lease is un-signed and Sohco advises potential tenants to read over the lease, discuss the contents, and seek legal advice if necessary before signing a final copy.
During this period, a viewing is arranged for the specific unit or in some cases a similar unit. Once the potential tenant is happy with the lease, and the unit he/she will be allocated, the application process will be finalised and the agreement with Sohco completed.